Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Birthdays.... birthdays!!

First things first, I am now old and decrepit so if I misspell things you can blame it on the fact that I am now 24 freaking years old... Wow. Cant say I never saw it coming, but in all serious-ness I just cant believe that I am already this old. Now I know most of you are thinking 24 isn't old, its just the beginning, but I am here to tell you that after hearing it over and over again by multitudes of people it finally smashed its way into my brain. I can do this, I can still function!


I could have sworn that I am still just in the first year of College having a blast with my home girls(you all know who you are :) ). I look back on that time and I still have to laugh my butt off at the things we did. Honestly who buys 6 fish and sticks them in a little tiny triangular tank?! Who gets all dressed up(not in the best attire, were talking swim suits over other clothes and high pony tails...attractive is how I would describe it.) decides to run around the apartment complex knocking on peoples doors, then running inside and touching the fridge without saying a word? I know we were little kids back in that day, but those were the best days. I miss each and every one of them, and now that we all have gotten married and some have little mini-me's now, I still just miss the spontaneous personalities we had.


Life is a little different now, I have in all sense of the word "mellowed out". I am still fun but I think as you get older you either loose the energy you once had or things that would have been hilarious have lost the laugh (in some aspects). I don't know what it is about getting older, but there are moments in my life I would love to go back and experience again... for one getting married to the love of my life, College (the first year before everyone got married), High School (only because we had such a blast) and possibly being little again, I swear everything is better when you are little.


I have to say though life is great and I love being as old as I am. I might complain here and there but overall there are some great things that I can say this time of my life will bring. Talking with some co-workers I have discovered that these next 6 years will bring alot with them, but they pay off. Here is the advise; this is the time of life where apparently everyone our age is pretty much poor, I wouldn't say everyone but some are less fortunate than others. This is the age where you really pay your dues with school, work and other activities. They say the payoff is in the 30's. I guess I will have to wait and see. I thought it was interesting how many people say they look back on this time in their lives and miss them. I would say all the people I have talked to quite literally reminisced how they miss the first years of marriage, without kids where it was just the two of you fighting against the world. Nothing against having your own kids( I cant wait), but I am sure things are alot more simplistic with just the two of you.

So on with the Birthday bash..
I was so grateful to have such great girl friends who pampered me endlessly! Rand had work so I made some plans to make sure I was busy on the Day of my entrance to this world. ha ha.. I got a massage that morning and a facial along with a pedicure. It was great to be surrounded by so many friends that I love and enjoy being around. Thanks girlys!!

Katie and her darling toes!!
Lindsey getting her toesy's done...
A close up of Jen the artist!!



4 thoughts:

KO said...

Wow... I just look fantastic in that pic (NOT!) Glad you had a fun birthday. Getting older rocks. I've loved 25 so far. It's a good age.

Hale-O There said...

Happy Bday! I was wierded out over 24 too, for some reason it seemed about five years older then 23! I'm 24 and 4 months now and it's going well;) Kates said your doing a few tri's this summer maybe we can hook up for one, I'm ready to get back into it.

Tell Rand hi!

Anonymous said...

Hey Madison!

We were over at Janica and Nolan's last night and we were talking about all the people that we both randomly know and your name was one of them. Then she told me you guys live like right across the street or something. Then today I stumbled upon your blog! So now we can be blogging friends! :) Yay!

Mike and Lindsey Martineau said...

I'm with Katie, I look awful in the pic of me too! But I'm so glad you had a good birthday! We loved spending it with you. Miss you, let's play soon!