Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Race Day...

I loved the Salt Lake City Marathon. It has honestly been one of the best races I have done to date. There was eager fans cheering everyone on the whole way, which was really nice to see as a runner the support along the way.

Of course the preparation wasn't where I would have liked to be. All in all tough the race went really smooth. I ran the whole 13.1 miles never stopping unless for a potty break which I thought was great, since I only had run up to 10 miles in training. I had long decided that this race was more or less going to be just something to enjoy. I went in with that idea only because I felt I was extremely under prepared and knowing myself(I am an extremely competitive person) I would have been really disappointed if I didn't do as great as I though I could have. So most of you would have found in running trying to keep others motivated and getting to know other runners. It was fun to feel like I had plenty of energy for myself and for others. Towards the last stretch of the race I found plenty of ladies that packed together and all helped one another make it to the finish line.

Over all I can say it wont be the best time I will ever run a race in, but it will be one of the most memorable. Thanks for all of you who came and supported me, I cant tell you how much that meant to have you there. Below are a couple pictures.

The finish line

The final stretch of the race

Almost to the finish.


Rand was there to support! He was so great!

5 thoughts:

Mike and Lindsey Martineau said...

LOVE that picture of you and Rand at the end. What a good husband, he is ready with ice, a banana and a drink! Too cute. Love you and I'm so proud of you!

Brooke and Jonny said...

Congrats Mad's!! That's awesome when we live closer to each other we need to start running together!

Hale-O There said...

That rocks you had such a fun race. You look so great and tan- I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Little do you know Lindsey that I only had that in my hand because she wanted me to hold it....I didn't grab it for her but I'll take the credit! haha

Jessica & Ryan said...

So great! Congrats! That's talent to run that much!! I just did my first triathlon... everyone says we're crazy, but I think the marathon runners are crazy! haha! and - everyone who has ever done or ever will to the Ironman. But. That is so awesome. Marathons. Keep it up! Races are so much fun. I just got addicted to triathlons.