Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Gleek...



Okay yes I was one of those people who made fun of glee. You know the ones who said that show cant be any good they just sing.... who would want to be a "gleek", better yet why do they call them selves "gleeks". Yep you can be assured that was me. Who knew that after make fun of all you "gleeks" that I would now be admitting that I am one.


Thanks to Idina Menzel and Kristen Chenoweth who really inspired me to watch the show. I can still remember the summer in New York going to see some unknown play, "Wicked". When I was first exposed to the Broadway scene I cant say it was love at first sight but who could after seeing Mama Mia with a whole bunch of old ladies (including my own mother... no mom your not old.) dancing like they were at some Britney Spears concert. So of course I went into Wicked with the lowest expectations, you know hoping this would finally be worth anything... Well the first five minutes I remember turning to my mom and saying how amazing this play was and hoping it would never end. Anyway where this whole story is leading is that I fell madly, and deeply in love with these two fine ladies. Their voices are indescribable to say the least. So to see them both on Glee you can bet I had my doubts about turning on glee in the first place, but in my heart I knew I needed to hear their voices again.


Of course once you watch it you get sucked right into it. So yes to all of you who never thought I would ever be a fan... I a GLEEK!!


This is Idina Menzel




Kristen Chenoweth

On wicked set...

2 thoughts:

McCall said...

I've gotten hooked too!

Makell Wintle said...

oh my gosh I didn't know Idina Menzel was in wicked! I remember making fun of you for listening to the wicked soundtrack in college, but once I got to see the show that quickly changed. Glee is awesome, I'm glad you gave it a chance!