Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Latest Last Minute Project

I was sitting in a training at work the other day and I was bored to death scouring the KSL classifieds. I've been keeping my eye out for a while for a bookshelf made of real wood instead of the cheap stuff that most places sell these days. I found this little guy for $20 and couldn't pass it up. So on Wednesday I went and bought some paint on a whim, went and got the bookshelf and started painting. Most of my painting has been done in the wee hours of the late night since Madison and Lula are up at Bear Lake with some of her family. I don't know that I've been to bed before 2 a.m. the whole time she's been gone due to this or Seinfeld or porch chats with my neighbor. It's taken a few more coats than I was hoping and I'm not sure if I'll have it done in time to surprise Madi when she comes home, but we're going to try! And we're also hoping that she likes the color or else this might be up for sale soon cause I'm not repainting it....






















Took me an additional week to finish this project and this post. I ended up doing four coats of paint and two coats of Polycrylic to protect it. Finally got it moved into the office where it definitely brightens the room. I think it turned out great and it was a fun little project!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 thoughts:

Jentrie Williams said...

so crafty! this is darling

Tare said...

Love it!! What a great addition to your office!! You forgot to mention if Madi liked the color though-I'm assuming she did considering you still put it in the office and you finished the post a week later. :)