Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

{So not Chicken....}

So I just thought I would post for those of you who havent seen me yet to let you know that I overcame my little chicken inside me. I finally succumbed to the wishes to cut my hair off. All nine inches to be exact. I have to say I was really nervous the day before, and was still in debate over if I really wanted to get rid of most of my hair. Why is it that hair has some emotional connection to us? I cannot figure it out.
After the initial "chop" of the hair I felt as good as I could. I would go to play with it and nothing would be there to twist around my finger. Emotions decided to check in at that point. I think the worst day was the very next day when I washed it, I started to cry when I felt like, "I looked like a boy!" as I balled to Rand.
Still I am getting used to it, but I have to confess that its super nice to get ready faster than I did before.

I have now enetered the short girls hair club... the sad pictures are below:

Before


Here is the after, and as you an see I am a little unsure of how I like it, lets just say its growning on me.

After


15 thoughts:

The Ostlers said...

YAY! I absolutely love it! You look good no matter how your hair is :)

Brooke and Jonny said...

Cute cute girly!! We both over came our chickeness. Everytime I would go to get my hair done I would always say I was going brown and never would. And everyone would ask me this question that I HATED but I'm asking you anyways "how does your hubby like it?" =)

Sean and Alison said...

It's so cute!!! I love it! Long time, eh! How are you?!?

Laci said...

Super cute Maddy!!! I love it!! Although, you could pull off ANYTHING with your gorgeousness :o)

Shaylee said...

LOVE IT! I totally understand what you mean though...I thought about cutting my hair for years before I finally got the guts to do it. I think it looks great!

cody+sara said...

first of all... it's not THAT short and second of all: I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! You look great. It's my favorite hair on you! GORGEOUS!
xo

Jenna said...

Your hair looks great! Its always good to get a really good cut and plus you can always grow it back out.

April Lupus said...

I love it... That is what I've wanted to do but it will take me probably 5 more years and 2 more kids before I do it. HAHAHa love ya.

McCall said...

That's not even close to a boy hair do!

The Huntsville Dunns said...

HOLY COW.....Madi you look darling!!! I am so proud of you! I can't wait to see it in person. :)

dkwalkerfam said...

I really like it a lot! Its way cute! Your long hair is cute but its a good change! You look good either way!

Taylar said...

Madi! You look SO cute i love the new look! :)

Darwin + Kiara said...

Love, LoVe, LOVE it!!

The Smoots said...

Madison your hair is darling oh my goodness! I love it! Welcome to the short hair club, you look darling!

Jake and Ashlee said...

I LOVE IT!! You look Hot!!! but hey you always do!!!