Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lula Jane

Yes we think we have a name decided on for our little girl. Obviously its the title of this post but I will mention it again, Lula Jane Sargent.

Background/ Orgin:
Initially I had about 50 names that I really liked, of course girls names are always easier than boys to come up with for some reason. The problem was finding one that Rand liked as well. Going back to when we first started dating and the first time I was ever at Rand's parents house, they have this huge genealogy tree with pictures on their wall. Rand's mom is really into genealogy, which made looking back into his history extremely easy. So of course this caught my attention and I stared at it over and over again just looking at all the generations of Sargent's and Marsh's. It was then that I stumbled upon Rands grandma Lula. Immediately I loved the name, and thought how classic and different it was. So of course I added this to my stock pile of future names for my kids (not knowing that Rand would be my husband at that time... )

Over the span of dating I learned a lot about Lula, and Rand's Family tree. Lula was Rands grandma whom he never has met (being the last of seven... makes sense). I started asking questions about what she was like, and that's when we got to hear some really fun stories about her from Rands Dad. She had a twin sister Lola, and they were the cutest little girls. If I ever get the change to get some pictures I will post them. They had blonde hair and dark brown eyes... which is what Rand was like as a kid.

Jane originated from my families side. Jane is my middle name, as well as my mothers, and her mothers and so on. So its a tradition that is passed down and I thought I would continue that trend.

The appointment:
We recently went to the Doctor on the 20th, and had the privilege of seeing our little girl again. Boy how much they change in-between appointments!

She is measuring a whole week early so I am scheduled to be induced on the 9th, of December. She looks beautiful and healthy, which is all I need to hear to know that everything is going good. I cant wait until my next appointment to see her again. My doctor suggested that we do the "BIG" ultrasound and measuring around my 27th week. So it will be at the first part of September. I cannot tell you how fun and exciting that will be, I hope to see her facial features a little better then or at my next appointment. I have included a video of our last appointment for blogging purposes and to show our family and friends who we don't get to see very often.





Okay so I have to admit that I am always wanting people to post pictures of their bellies. Now that its my turn, I am so not fond of it. Rand took this picture the other day and I somehow got talked into putting it up for you all to see... I feel huge I will admit it, and here I am 21 weeks. So don't judge... ha ha.

I might put more up depending on if I can handle the world seeing my prego self... :)

14 thoughts:

The Davis' said...

Madison you are adorable! I love the name, it's so unique! Can't wait to see all of your pictures you post!

erin said...

you are so little, why are you stressing? Pregnant shots are darling. I take 'em all the time. :) Can I ask why they have already scheduled an inducing date for you? Never heard of that before.

Jentrie Williams said...

aw cute belly! you look darling :)

Jake and Ashlee said...

You look amazing! Take lots of picture cause you will wish you had them if you don't take them!

Love the name! It is really cute!

The Kimballs said...

What a cute name! You guys are way better than we were at choosing one, we took almost a week after she was born! You look soo great too!

Katie said...

Mad you are beautiful! It is super easy to be hard on yourself about the way you look pregnant. You compare yourself to EVERYONE! Pregnancy is unique to each woman who goes through it. Don't worry about it one bit. I love the tribute to the Grandma, so special. I'm coming in August and I want to see you.

Shaylee said...

You look as darling as ever Mad. I love the name...so, so cute.

KO said...

I have to admit that I wish I would have taken more... I was so reserved about the whole belly thing, and now I wish I had more to see the progression. You look darling! Can't wait to meet little Lula!

Tare said...

Madi, you look great! You look exactly like you should when you are pregnant! :O) I'm sure I'll be 10 times that big when I'm that far along so don't worry. :O) Super cute!

John and Stef said...

Yay! I love it. Thanks for putting the belly picture on - you have to keep doing it, you're so cute! Good luck with everything...I'll be checking the blog for lots more updates!! Oh, and eat some more training table cheese fries for me... they sound so good right now!!! :)

Kristy and Dave said...

I'm looking and I can't find the huge part you were referring to in your picture...but I do love the name Lula and the significance it has to you & Rand.

Darwin + Kiara said...

You're so cute!! Check out my blog too when you get a chance. We made our big announcement yesterday :) Yay for babies!

Carly said...

love it. but of course i do. i mean my little girl is lucy jane. =) so cute madison!

Caden & Texie said...

You are such a cutie!!! I can't believe you're so tiny, not fair!! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the name!!!