Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sleeping...

I never thought I would be saying that lately I haven't slept great, (coming from the person who can pretty much sleep anywhere at anytime.) but I have to admit the last week or so I have found this much harder to accomplish. I toss and turn all night, thanks to my growing belly I have lost my most coveted position of sleep... the stomach. I have tried many times to reinvent this position but none are ending up quite like it.



Second thing to keep me from sleeping is this summer heat. I can honestly say that I never really believed women when they said, "being pregnant during the summer is the worst!". Yeah never believed it until now. I think its mother natures funny little way of saying, "I told you so."



So of course both these factors come into play when trying to figure out what to do to solve the situation. So we ordered one of these prego body pillows.... it may not solve the heat, but it does solve the lack of sleep I am hoping!! Let me know what you guys did to solve these issues I would love to hear.


5 thoughts:

Jenna said...

I slept with a body pillow most of my pregnancy, it didn't solve my sleep issue but it did help a little.

Jinii said...

I feel for you! I am a stomach sleeper and I can say the thing I was happiest for when Addy was born was being able to sleep on my tummy again! I did try to use a body pillow but it made me way too hot! I think the lack of sleep just prepares you for when the baby comes.

The Ostlers said...

I know how you feel my dear- TRUST ME...I am sad to say that it only gets worse :( I am 8 1/2 months pregnant and I probably only sleep 2-3 hours a night WHILE sweating the entire time! Just look at it this way...your body will be used to getting crappy sleep before the baby comes when you have to wake up every 2 hours!

Bryan and Allie said...

Ditto to this post! Its frustrating not being comfortbale, but I've been using one of these prego pillows...and its really helped me alot! Hope it does that same for you too. :)

Brooke and Jonny said...

Good luck girly it only gets worse! The reason that I had problems sleeping was because I had wacky dreams that would wake me up. And the good ol bladder.