Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Project Completed!

For the past two months or so, Madi and I have been working on a project in our house.  It started out as a "should we do this?  This could be really cool" type of thing. Little did we know how much time and effort we would invest in doing this project, but looking back now that it's done, it was totally worth it and we love it!  This picture shows our entryway, which looks kind of blah....we wanted to do something unique and cheap....


We first ran across the idea on the blog All Things Thrifty (linked from another blog called Jones Design). They had seen a design on a curtain that they liked, and they created a template of the design.  Once the template was made, it was a matter of tracing the template on the wall over and OVER and OVER and OVER. It took so long to trace it and get the design on the wall, but that part finally got finished.  It was more depressing when we realized that the actual painting would take even longer than the tracing. We started out really well, getting large portions of the wall done relatively quickly. After the initial excitement started to wear off, it started becoming a project we worked on when all other things in the house were done (which was very rare). Madi was so good to work on it during the days when I was at work (this was done as Lula was willing....also happens to be that Lula never wanted Madi to put her down).  Madi did do a ton of the painting though and I'd have gone crazy if I had to do it all by myself.  The parts she painted were way better than the parts I had done.  Thanks for your help babe!  The best part of this project is that it cost us $10 for the paint.






We are so glad we did this and now we are thinking about what we can do next....we have some ideas up our sleeves, so stay tuned!

14 thoughts:

Jinii said...

I love it!!! So makes me want to do something cool like this in my house but I can tell you I would have to be willing to do it all on my own! Mike would think I was nuts.

Mike and Lindsey Martineau said...

It looks great guys! I'm so proud of you two home owners! Now can we come over and see it?

Shaylee said...

Well worth it. It looks amazing.

Andrea said...

I love this!! I can't believe how well it turned out. It really spruces up the space. PS- Rand's Dad married my sister Karlee and her husband Nate on Friday- I'm pretty sure they're in your ward too. Small world!!

Brooke and Jonny said...

Madi I love it! I have been contemplating this exact thing in our house, I got the idea from those exact same blogs ha ha I just don't know if I would have the patience? But I do love it!

Jenna said...

Maddie, it looks AMAZING! I saw the design on this blog and loved it, but knew I could never do it haha. You guys are so crafty and cute! Love you guys!

Caprice Erickson said...

Hey Madison! I love the wall design that is so fun! Its amazing what a little paint can do adds so much! Your little girl is darling! my SIL said you ordered some stuff from her she's awesome I LOVE her stuff ;) I go broke buying it and she's family! anyway good to see your blog hope you are doing great!

Stacey Sargent said...

Oh my gosh! That is soooo amazing! You did such an amazing job!

McCall said...

That is very impressive!! I wish I had talent like you guys!

Jodie said...

Way cool! I love the blog ALL THINGS THRIFTY! :) It looks really pretty! Good job!

Rachel said...

that looks awesome! you guys are so talented and artsy :)

The Huntsville Dunns said...

I lOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!!! You two make a great team!! Thank you for sharing this with us ;) btw I want to see Lula's room with the sign you made...

Rachel said...

you guys are too fabulous! that looks great! so talented. you can come to my house next :)

LeeAnn said...

This is so cool!